Addis Ababa January 7/2013 (ENA) The national defense force announced today that it has killed four top leaders of the TPLF Junta with their bodyguards and captured nine others.
ENDF’s Deployment Department Head, Brigadier General Tesfaye Ayalew told ENA that they included TPLF spokesperson Sekoture Getachew, who had publicly admitted saying “lightening pre-emptive attack” against the Northern Command of the Ethiopian National Defense Force.
Moreover, former Ethiopian Television and Broadcast Authority General Director, Zeray Asgedom and several other top leaders of the junta have been killed while many others are captured including Kidusan Nega and Dr. Solomon Kidane.
1. Former TPLF Spokesperson, Sekutore Getachew
2. Former General Director of Ethiopian Television and Broadcast Authority, Zeray Asgedom
3. Head of Dimtsi Woyane Radio and Television, Abebe Asgedom
4. Head of Regional Finance Bureau, Daniel Assefa, have been killed together with their drivers and bodyguards.
The ENDF has taken the measure in an operation conducted in collaboration with the Federal Security Forces, the people of Tigray and the interim administration of the region, Brigadier General Tesfaye stated.
The following are captured TPLF leaders during the operation:
1. Former Tigray Regional Council Speaker, Kidusan Nega,
2. Former head of Regional Urban Development Bureau and Addis Ababa City Transport Bureau head, Dr. Solomon Kidane
3. Former CEO of Relief Society of Tigray, Teklewoyni Assefa
4. Former head of Regional Trade Bureau, Gebremedihin Tewolde
5. Former head of Regional Transport Bureau, Woldegeorgis Desta
6. Former Ethiopian Ambassador to Sudan, Abadi Zemu
7. Former head of Melese Zenawi Leadership Academy and Board Chairman of EFFORT, Tewodros Hagos
8. Former Legal advisor to the Council of Tigray Region, Mihiret Teklay
9. Former head of Regional Properties and Purchase, Birhane Adem Muhammed
According to Birgadier General Tesfaye, member of the TPLF cliques were hiding in caves, and forests and captures with an organized and enhanced search.
He has commended Ethiopians for their unwavering support to the successful accomplishment of the operation and called on the people to continue with their support.
According to him, the army has been fulfilling its responsibility as it promised to hunt down the criminals.